Saturday, February 18, 2017

Burger Run After My Humble Church Ministry (BBBC 2017.18)

This blog originally started as a copycat of two superior blogs that I love very much: Scooter in the Sticks and Burger Junkies. Every Saturday morning I would create the bulletin for Faith Bible Church of Sacramento's Sunday's Service, print it out, and ride over to the church to drop them off. I would then go to a burger joint, take pictures of the food like so many foodies do, evaluate the burger and fries, and give it a rating.  Other Saturdays, after dropping off the bulletins, I would just go for a ride, park my scooter in front of some interesting piece of architecture and start taking pictures.  

I've attended Faith Bible Church for longer than I have had a scooter. I was saved in this church in the mid-1990s, and, on the day of my baptism, my mother --who came along to see me get dunked--told me this was the church the next-door neighbors took me to on Sundays way back when I was in kindergarten. That was one of those serendipitous moments that come along far too infrequently during our short stay on Earth.

I admit I'm a Doubting Thomas especially when it comes to the fundamentalist approach of Christianity like the kind preached in my church. I lean more towards a John Shelby Spong type than a John F. MacArthur. Still, I enjoy my time here and love my church family--attending Bible study here as well as the Sunday service. 


My politics do not mesh well with the doctrines of this fundamentalist church, but I enjoy my time here, nonetheless--attending Bible study here as well as the Sunday service. 



After dropping off the bulletins I skip the burger and settle for a cup of coffee.  




No comments:

Post a Comment