Sunday, February 26, 2017

Three Songs I Love to Sing Along With (BBBC 2017.26)



1. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
Ever since an old high school buddy turned me on to Bruce I have been a huge fan. Probably more than any other "Thunder Road" is the song I find myself singing alone with and singing it to myself without Bruce's help.


2. The Promised Land - Bruce Springsteen
When Bruce came roaring back in 1978 after the lawsuit that prevented him from recording music for nearly three years there was a passion in his voice that could not be understated. I played "Darkness on the Edge of Town" so much I soon needed another copy. The opening song to Side B was the emotional core to the album and whenever I heard Max Weinberg's opening base drum beats I find myself itching to sing the song--even when I not alone.



3. Rose Tattoo - Dropkick Murphys
I stopped collecting and listening to music years ago. Then, when I discovered Pandora.com, I started listening to music at work whenever I could. I started with the stuff I grew up with: Springsteen, of course, The Beatles, The Stones, Dylan, etc. I also started listening to newer stuff that Pandora's algorithm would play. I've never heard of The Dropkick Murphys until I heard "Rose Tattoo." Now, I can't get it out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment