Friday, February 24, 2017

What I Ate for Breakfast This Morning? These Days the Verb is "Drank" (BBBC 2017.24)


I love big breakfasts: bacon, over-medium eggs, hash browns, toast, sometimes mixing it up with sausage(s), home fries, scrambled eggs, or a scramble--mixing all or most of that stuff together! I am also very lazy and rarely have that kind of meal if I have to get up early and make it myself. So, on the weekends it is cold cereal or frozen waffles and on the weekdays it's coffee.

On work mornings I used to wait for my morning break and go to Temple Coffee Roasters--a local chain that serves Fair Trade Coffees and Teas. I would order a pour over with a "Cheesy Bacon Biscuit." No, brothers and sisters, not a very good breakfast for someone who is often seen shouting to the heavens, "Why can't I loose weight?!" 

Lately, I have been running low on funds and figured I could save about $150 a month if I brew my own coffee at work so I bought a slick immersion dripper. I could have got a French press rig, but this seemed easier and I am already acquainted with the business end of a dripper. The Bonavita immersion process is a cut above your standard drip process. Here's a demonstration:


But what about bringing milk, cereal, fruit, or even frozen waffles to work, Jack? This is "the most important meal of the day." Meh, unless someone is cooking me a Grand Slam I'll settle for this. Don't hate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment